Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Best Pancakes ever!

I'm always looking for a better pancake recipe...and thankfully many of my friends send recipes for all kinds of gluten free recipes my way.  A while back I was sent a link to a pancake recipe.  I looked at it, thought it had some good bones to it, and filed it away as a recipe to play with.  Well, I got around to playing and the end result was fantastic and is my new go to recipe for pancakes!  I made some substitutions, additions and subtractions from the original recipe and what I came up with is so yummy.  They are thin pancakes and it makes a ton, but we eat any leftovers for breakfast or lunch the next day even and they're still really good.  Enjoy!

1 1/3 c. rice flour (I use brown but I'd imagine white would work too)
2/3 c. sorghum flour
5 T. tapioca starch
1/2 c. potato starch
1/4 c. sugar
2 1/2 t. baking powder
3/4 t. baking soda
3/4 t. salt
3.4 t. xanthan gum
3 eggs
1/4 c. light tasting olive oil (or other light oil)
3 c. milk (I use almond but any milk, cow or otherwise, should work just as well)

Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Add in wet ingredients and combine.  Pour 1/4 cupfuls onto hot, greased skillet or griddle.  Cook until bubbles are formed then flip and cook until browned nicely on both sides.  Eat and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment