Saturday, May 25, 2013

Garlic Chicken Linguine

This recipe is one I adapted from an allrecipes recipe I found.  I made it gluten free by using gluten free pasta (Tinkyada brand is by far the best out there) and I adjusted the veggies to that of me and my familys liking.  Please do not be afraid of the amount of garlic in this recipe.  I did not changed that part of the original recipe.  I was terrified to try it but the reviews were good.  I proceeded to make it with the full amount of garlic and I am so glad I did.  Try it first before you adjust and just go with it.  You won't be sorry.  This is the best pasta dish I think I have ever had!

1 package fettuccine style gluten free pasta (I used Tinkyada)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
10 cloves garlic, pressed
3-4 carrots, peeled and shredded (I like to shred in my food processor)
3-4 cups broccoli florrets
6-8 ounces cooked chicken (mine is usually shredded)
3 tablespoons Bragg's liquid amino's (can use soy sauce or coconut amino's to avoid soy)

Heat water to a boil and add pasta.  While that is cooking, steam the broccoli.  Also while that is steaming, heat the olive oil and garlic in a skillet.  Don't let it boil.  You just want it warmed so the garlic infuses into the whole amount of oil.  At the end of heating the oil and garlic, stir in the chicken, carrots and Bragg's to heat the chicken and soften the carrots.  Drain the pasta.  In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta, broccoli and oil mixture.  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment