Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cheap Produce

Yes that's right, CHEAP produce! A new friend of mine recently introduced me to the local farmer's market. I am a changed woman! I go there each week with about $15-20 and leave with so much more produce that is local and high quality! I spent just $15 today for this list of food:

1 basket of green beans (probably about 1-1 1/2 pounds)
4 medium sized lemons
1 basket of red potatoes (at least 2-3 pounds)
4 large zucchini
1 bunch of banana's
1 large basket of peaches (I'd guess about 5-6 pounds)
6 ears of corn
1 bag of carrots (contains 4 large carrots that I will peal and slice)

I leave there every week just thrilled at the deals I got! When I grocery shop during the second half of the week I get more banana's (we fly through those things) and usually some greens and broccoli but other than that I only buy at the farmer's market. If you have one where you live, go check it out! It could save you loads of money!

No comments:

Post a Comment