Friday, June 4, 2010

Veggie Pasta

Well, that's what we call it for lack of a better term but it is DELISH! In fact, my 2 1/2 year old and my 15 month old are eating it now :)

1 pound gf pasta (we use tinkyada brand whatever style floats our boat)
olive oil
1 medium lemon
carrots, peeled and sliced
squash, sliced
broccoli florets (we only do fresh, can't stand frozen)
spices

Cook pasta according to package directions. In another pan, coat bottom with oil and add in carrots, squash and broccoli (how much is up to you). Cook until veggies are crisp tender. Drain pasta when it's finished cooking. In a big mixing bowl, combine pasta and veggies. Coat with oil as desired. Season as desired (I normally use one of McCormick's seasoning blends, my current favorite is the Perfect Pinch Garlic and Herb salt free variety). Cut the lemon in half and add the freshly squeezed juice. Mix it all up and enjoy!

I know it's kind of vague but that's the beauty of it. You can make it taste however you want! It's fast, easy and best of all healthy! My son just asked for seconds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment