Friday, February 19, 2010

Amazing Banana muffins

I altered a recipe found here (just scroll down til you see it). I don't use gf mixes so I play around with flours until I find a combination that works. I also ground my own almond meal for this one and boy was it good! These never last long in our house. They are so moist and fluffy! I bet even your gluten loving friends will love these muffins.

Banana Nut Muffins

1/3 c. oil (I use canola but have used coconut in the past)
3/4 c. sugar
2 beaten eggs
2 large ripe mashed bananas
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. rice flour
½ c. millet flour
¼ c. tapioca flour
¼ c. potato starch
½ c. almond flour
2 tbsp. ground flax seed (optional)
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar and milk sub to equal 1 cup liquid (I used vanilla almond milk this time but have had success using rice milk and coconut milk also)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease muffin tin. Set aside. Beat oil and sugar together. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in bananas and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture alternately with the milk mixture beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix well after each addition. Spoon batter into muffin tin. Bake 20-25 minutes, until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment