Saturday, February 13, 2010

Getting kids to eat raw veggies

Well, getting kids to eat veggies period can be challenging but getting them to eat them raw! Yes it's possible and really I think it starts with the first foods you give them but even the best eater of pureed baby veggies can decide later they just don't want them. My oldest son LOVES peanut butter. Well, I have found a great snack for him is peanut butter with raw baby carrots. He loves it. He eats the carrots without even thinking and he's getting great fats and protein from the peanut butter. I do buy the natural peanut butter (currently we have the Jif brand but really whatever you want works well) because it's really not priced much different than other name brands and it has much less ingredients and no hydrogenated oils (which are trans fats and really bad for you). I wonder what else I can get him to eat with peanut butter?

No comments:

Post a Comment