Monday, February 15, 2010

Lunch...my biggest challenge

Since going gfcf low soy I've had a really hard time with lunch. Planning for dinner hasn't been too bad. We mostly have a meat, veggie and usually rice or potatoes but lunch has been so hard! We used to eat sandwiches a lot. My oldest, CN, would eat peanut butter sandwiches almost every day (but not with jelly) and I'd usually eat a sandwich with lunch meat. Well, we've yet to find a gfcf bread we like so we've done without and lunch meat, well don't get me started on how bad that stuff is for you! It's loaded with things I can't pronounce which means it shouldn't be going in my body or the bodies of my husband and children. One idea that has really been useful for us is having breakfast for lunch. Scrambled eggs are one of my favorites and pancakes are definitely a favorite of CN. I just made a new pancake recipe for the first time the other day with teff flour (my new favorite). The recipe can be found here. For the milk I used one cup vanilla almond milk and one cup coconut milk and boy were they good! I made them for a home bible study and even gluten loving kids from other families devoured them! It makes a huge batch which is great because there is leftovers for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment