Sunday, February 28, 2010

The best ever brownies

I LOVE chocolate! Before going gfcf, I had the perfect brownie recipe that my family LOVED. Even my husband who doesn't care for brownies really at all couldn't get enough of them. After finding out my dear CN couldn't have gluten or casein and deciding on our own to avoid most soy I had to find a new brownie recipe. My amazing mother in law bought me a basic gf cookbook (I just make them cf as well which isn't hard at all) that had a decent brownie recipe in it made with rice flour. I have tweaked and changed quite a few thing to make the PERFECT gfcf and soy free too brownies.

1/2 cup coconut oil, liquified
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons rice flour
2 tablespoons tapioca starch
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum

Mix coconut oil and sugar. Add in eggs, applesauce and milk. Mix well. Add in remaining ingredients and mix until well combined. Pour into a greased 9 in round or square pan. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment