Saturday, February 13, 2010

My thoughts on organic

I know a lot of people who are gfcf are very into health foods and alternatives (you kind of have to be honestly) and part of that is organic food. I have become much more health conscious after going gfcf with my family and even have switched brands of non food items in order to use more natural products but when it comes to organic, I just can't bring myself to do it. I know all the pesticides are bad for us. I don't know anyone who would disagree; however, it's very expensive. I wash my fruits and veggies before cooking or eating raw of course so I figure I've at least reduced our consumption of the pesticides by reducing the reside left on all our produce. Quite frankly we just can't afford it and even if we could, I just feel that extra money could be put to better use feeding the homeless or giving to missions and organizations like Voice of the Martyrs. I think I'm doing good just to be eating fresh fruits and veggies and to find ways to get my kids to eat them too. I have nothing against anyone who decides that is the best way to spend their money. God has given to each of us differently in monetary aspects as well as convictions about keeping our families as healthy as possible. My convictions are regular produces washed off is better than no produce at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment